Welcome to the BIG CITY!!
Letter from April 2
Transfers this week were good, everybody arrived safely to their new areas and here I am in the City of Kennewick, I have finally arrived in the Big City. It is strange seeing house after house after house for a long while, I am used to little towns of about 10,000 to 15,000. I am super excited to be able to serve here in Kennewick in the Spanish Branch and also to be serving as a District leader. The Missionaries in my District are so great!! it consists of Elders Corral and Coontz, Hermanas Rodriguez and Vidaurri, Hermanas Ewing and Regis, and Elder Rocwood and me. all together we cover ALL of Kennewick in the 2 stakes here. Also, we have the blessing to have the Temple in our area!!!! WOO HOO!!
It was a sad week to say goodbye to Elder Despain, all my investigators, the Members and all the friends I have made over in Grandview. The last 6 months have been a great blessing to me and I Loved it there, but I am extremely grateful to have the chance to be here where I am now.
We have an Investigator named Ivan Leguna, he is 11 years old and is preparing for baptism on April 23. We had just started teaching his Cousin Ari, who is 14, and taught her the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I felt the spirit the strongest in this lesson that I have felt in a long time and I know that she felt it too. We taught her about Joseph Smith and the First vision and she started crying but had the biggest smile on her face, after we testified of Joseph Smith and of our Savior Jesus Christ we had asked her to share how she was feeling and she said, "I feel like God is giving me a warm hug right now and I love it. I feel like he is lifting me up and pushing me along the right path." She then accepted to be baptized on April 23 with her cousin Ivan. We have a lesson with them every day and are helping them feel the love that God has for them.
Scripture of the week:
Mosiah 2:20-24
20 I say unto you, my brethren, that if you should render all the thanks and praise which your whole soul has power to possess, to that God who has created you, and has kept and preserved you, and has caused that ye should rejoice, and has granted that ye should live in peace one with another—
21 I say unto you that if ye should serve him who has created you from the beginning, and is preserving you from day to day, by lending you breath, that ye may live and move and do according to your own will, and even supporting you from one moment to another—I say, if ye should serve him with all your whole souls yet ye would be unprofitable servants.
22 And behold, all that he requires of you is to keep his commandments; and he has promised you that if ye would keep his commandments ye should prosper in the land; and he never doth vary from that which he hath said; therefore, if ye do keep his commandments he doth bless you and prosper you.
23 And now, in the first place, he hath created you, and granted unto you your lives, for which ye are indebted unto him.
24 And secondly, he doth require that ye should do as he hath commanded you; for which if ye do, he doth immediately bless you; and therefore he hath paid you. And ye are still indebted unto him, and are, and will be, forever and ever; therefore, of what have ye to boast?
I am thankful for the Chance that we have all had to listen to the Prophet of God and his Apostles this Easter Weekend. I love the spirit that we have all felt this weekend. I love you all and I hope that you have the best week ever.
Elder Sager
1) Last night in Grandview Party w/ Martinellis
Transfers this week were good, everybody arrived safely to their new areas and here I am in the City of Kennewick, I have finally arrived in the Big City. It is strange seeing house after house after house for a long while, I am used to little towns of about 10,000 to 15,000. I am super excited to be able to serve here in Kennewick in the Spanish Branch and also to be serving as a District leader. The Missionaries in my District are so great!! it consists of Elders Corral and Coontz, Hermanas Rodriguez and Vidaurri, Hermanas Ewing and Regis, and Elder Rocwood and me. all together we cover ALL of Kennewick in the 2 stakes here. Also, we have the blessing to have the Temple in our area!!!! WOO HOO!!
It was a sad week to say goodbye to Elder Despain, all my investigators, the Members and all the friends I have made over in Grandview. The last 6 months have been a great blessing to me and I Loved it there, but I am extremely grateful to have the chance to be here where I am now.
We have an Investigator named Ivan Leguna, he is 11 years old and is preparing for baptism on April 23. We had just started teaching his Cousin Ari, who is 14, and taught her the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I felt the spirit the strongest in this lesson that I have felt in a long time and I know that she felt it too. We taught her about Joseph Smith and the First vision and she started crying but had the biggest smile on her face, after we testified of Joseph Smith and of our Savior Jesus Christ we had asked her to share how she was feeling and she said, "I feel like God is giving me a warm hug right now and I love it. I feel like he is lifting me up and pushing me along the right path." She then accepted to be baptized on April 23 with her cousin Ivan. We have a lesson with them every day and are helping them feel the love that God has for them.
Scripture of the week:
Mosiah 2:20-24
20 I say unto you, my brethren, that if you should render all the thanks and praise which your whole soul has power to possess, to that God who has created you, and has kept and preserved you, and has caused that ye should rejoice, and has granted that ye should live in peace one with another—
21 I say unto you that if ye should serve him who has created you from the beginning, and is preserving you from day to day, by lending you breath, that ye may live and move and do according to your own will, and even supporting you from one moment to another—I say, if ye should serve him with all your whole souls yet ye would be unprofitable servants.
22 And behold, all that he requires of you is to keep his commandments; and he has promised you that if ye would keep his commandments ye should prosper in the land; and he never doth vary from that which he hath said; therefore, if ye do keep his commandments he doth bless you and prosper you.
23 And now, in the first place, he hath created you, and granted unto you your lives, for which ye are indebted unto him.
24 And secondly, he doth require that ye should do as he hath commanded you; for which if ye do, he doth immediately bless you; and therefore he hath paid you. And ye are still indebted unto him, and are, and will be, forever and ever; therefore, of what have ye to boast?
I am thankful for the Chance that we have all had to listen to the Prophet of God and his Apostles this Easter Weekend. I love the spirit that we have all felt this weekend. I love you all and I hope that you have the best week ever.
Elder Sager
1) Last night in Grandview Party w/ Martinellis
| Good bye to some of our favorite peoeple!! |
| Last night in Grandview Party w/ Martinellis |
Comments
Post a Comment