Week 2 in Walla Walla!
Letter from July 3 1
Sorry about last week, I didn't have much time to email. I was trying to figure out how to do it on a prehistoric laptop that was bigger than me, the computer crashed and took up all my emailing time. pero, esta bien.
Okay so this week has been crazy. Zone conference was this week and it was SOO long but SOO good. We drove about an hour south into Pendleton, Oregon and were there from about 8-5 sitting and being filled with so much great information about finding or being "Fishers or Men". There are so many things that we can do to reel people in, you catch some, and others get away. When you do get that one fish, you have got to keep the line tight and always be strong when pulling them in.
On Thursday, we held a Noche de Hogar con las hermanas. We invited 3 families and none showed up. The Hermanas had a family come and we still had fun. The theme was "What is our purpose in life", we showed a couple videos and talked about it for a bit. The first video was about the role that families have in the gospel. The second was President Monson's talk about the Plan of Salvation and it was super powerful to be listening to that with a family who wants to be together forever. We taught them more about it and yeah it was really good. After the videos we made some pudding. You put pudding mix in a milk carton with 2 cups of milk and throw it around on the floor. The 2 little kids didnt seem interested in anything until we brought out food lol. It was a fun night. It would have been better if our families came.. but oh well. next time.
That Spanish is coming. it is tough but I am starting to understand mostly everything. I know every word that people say, I am just having a hard time keeping up with what they say. I still cant speak the best but i can say some things.
Anyways, I am doing great. I am absolutely LOVING my area. Walla Walla is such a fun little town.
oh and Mom, you should be so proud of me, I cut my own hair this week! It doesnt look that bad honestly haha.. I was terrified when i did it but it turned out fine!
Con Amor,
Elder Sager
Sorry about last week, I didn't have much time to email. I was trying to figure out how to do it on a prehistoric laptop that was bigger than me, the computer crashed and took up all my emailing time. pero, esta bien.
Okay so this week has been crazy. Zone conference was this week and it was SOO long but SOO good. We drove about an hour south into Pendleton, Oregon and were there from about 8-5 sitting and being filled with so much great information about finding or being "Fishers or Men". There are so many things that we can do to reel people in, you catch some, and others get away. When you do get that one fish, you have got to keep the line tight and always be strong when pulling them in.
On Thursday, we held a Noche de Hogar con las hermanas. We invited 3 families and none showed up. The Hermanas had a family come and we still had fun. The theme was "What is our purpose in life", we showed a couple videos and talked about it for a bit. The first video was about the role that families have in the gospel. The second was President Monson's talk about the Plan of Salvation and it was super powerful to be listening to that with a family who wants to be together forever. We taught them more about it and yeah it was really good. After the videos we made some pudding. You put pudding mix in a milk carton with 2 cups of milk and throw it around on the floor. The 2 little kids didnt seem interested in anything until we brought out food lol. It was a fun night. It would have been better if our families came.. but oh well. next time.
That Spanish is coming. it is tough but I am starting to understand mostly everything. I know every word that people say, I am just having a hard time keeping up with what they say. I still cant speak the best but i can say some things.
Anyways, I am doing great. I am absolutely LOVING my area. Walla Walla is such a fun little town.
oh and Mom, you should be so proud of me, I cut my own hair this week! It doesnt look that bad honestly haha.. I was terrified when i did it but it turned out fine!
Con Amor,
Elder Sager
| Elder Sager and Elder Stevens cruisn. |
Comments
Post a Comment