The Hand of the Lord

Letter from August 22

As all of you probably know, the Solar Eclipse was yesterday and it was pretty cool looking. We were having Zone Conference going on and they let us take a 45 minute break to go out and see it. Elder Ririe (the vehicle coordinator) brought a welding mask to look at the sun and scared a lot of people with it. I felt like a robot with it on. Anyways, it was fun.  We had some amazing people come speak to us at our Zone Conference, Elder Anthony D Perkins and Elder John C Pingree of the Seventy taught us some great things. I got to have an Interview With Elder Perkins and he just got to know me and about my family and then he gave me some tips on how I can make the mission better. There was one question that I had going into this conference, it was.. What can I do to feel and to see the Saviors hand in my life?  The one thing that I realized that i could to do is Serve other people. In order to see the hand of the Lord in my life, i need to be the Hand of the Lord and give it to everyone else. Alma 2:28 Nevertheless, the Nephites being astrengthened by the hand of the Lord, having prayed mightily to him that he would deliver them out of the hands of their enemies, therefore the Lord did hear their cries, and did strengthen them...
Always pray unto the Lord and ask for his hand, and then give it to others. Serving others and serving the Lord is my favorite thing to do. I love it.

This area is hard. In our tiny little Spanish branch, there was about 12 members there this Sunday. Half of those members are white and others speak English. There are also 3 sets of Missionaries in the Branch and none of us can get investigators at church and I guess it has been this way for quite a while now. But I am staying positive, We try so hard to get people to church, but maybe that just wont help them at the moment. We are still pushing to get them to come but we are making sure that they are still doing things to bring them closer to Christ.

Things are great and time is flying bye.

Con mucho amor,

Elder Sager.

The Walla Walla Squad Eclipsing

I made an new friend!



Elder Sager found his Miata in Walla Walla

Tag photo in Walla Walla 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Future Missionaries

The Great Outdoors

SHRIMP!!!