I MADE IT!!!!

Letter from July 24

Well, Im here, just chillin here in Walla Walla.  First week out in the field.

I LOVE IT HERE. When I first heard that I was being sent to Walla Walla I thought it was just little farm town, which it kinda is.. but it isn't very small. Our area covers the entire city of Walla Walla and College Place combined. There is a HUGE population of Hispanics here because they are all field workers. Its nuts.

The first two days we were pretty chill, We flew into Pasco at about 10 am, met President and Sister White and then headed to the Mission Home. We sat there all day waiting for Interviews with President. During that time we read a bunch of talks and the rules and everything. Nothing really exciting happened until later when we went out to work. I went out into the streets with Elder Munoz and we talked to this one fella for about 35 minutes about the Book of Mormon, I introduced it to him and then bore my testimony about it. It was a good thing to start out with. We were out for about 4 hours talking to every person we saw. I got abot 10 doors slammed in my face and about 10 opened up and let us talk to them. T'was fun.


My companion is Elder Stevens. He is from Ogden and this is his last transfer. That makes me so sad because he is so awesome. I love him muchly.

So a cool thing that happened this week. We were talking with Antonio, he is a super short and cute old mexican guy. We had a great conversation about the Bible and after we read a couple things from there we asked him to read Moroni 10, when we got to verses 3-5 he started crying and said that he knows its true. It was a super good lesson. When we were walking out of their house, his wife was really hesitant to ask us this question but I am glad she did. She told us that she had some medical problems going on and had some unexpected bills to pay. They didnt have any money to buy food for the next month or two. So she asked us if there was any way that we could help them out with food. We told her that we would try out best and let them know. That night we had a little activity with the ward and the we had asked the Branch President if there is anyway that we could put them on welfare and he said no. Since they arent members we couldnt do anything. As we were walking out to our car we walked a different way than normal and found a room packed FULL of food for anyone to take. We started packing up a couple boxes full of food and took it to their house. They were super thankful and started crying and gave us both hugs. The Lord definitely had a hand in this experience.

I am Absolutely loving this area already. The ward we are servng in is super  duper small. there were probably 10 or 15 people at sacrament meeting and that is about all the come. The Spanish Branch we go to is in Milton Free Water, Oregon and is tiny.

With much love,

Elder Sager


Mission Office Address:

Elder Sager
8202 W Quinault Ave Ste D
Kennewick WA 99336-1017
United States

If you would like his direct address please message me (Debi Larsen Sager) on FB


Elder Stevens and Elder Sager 

Our appartment is super small.
4 Elders sleep out in the living room and we have two small study rooms down the hall.

I LOVE MEXICAN FOOD

Elder Stevens updating the Area book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Future Missionaries

The Great Outdoors

SHRIMP!!!