I gave Donny a high five!!

Letter from June 24

YOOOO!!!
How are all y'all?
I am doing great!
This week has been so crazy. We picked up 2 or 3 new investigators and
are teaching them like 3 times a week, some of them we see every day.
And boy do I love them, they are so loving and I love talking with
them, well....listening to them talk. Because I can't really speak
Spanish lol.. but I mean I am learning faster than I thought.
So on Sunday, Donny Osmand came and spoke to us and it was very
interesting. I liked it because he is a normal guy, well kinda haha..
he is kinda famous. He sang to us a couple of times and that was
really cool. The first song was from Mulan and them the second was a
song that he had just written for his son. I recorded it so I will
send it in this email. He spoke on four topics, perseverance,
obedience, confidence, and experience. We have to know why we are here
and we have to fight for it. The reason I am serving a mission is
because I love my Savior Jesus Christ, and if there is something
blocking your path or stoping you from doing your work, you have to at
least try to get over it because you never know if you will make it or
not. Obedience, you all have the agency to choose and the choices you
make and if you follow the rules, you will be more successful on your
mission. Confidence, having faith in the Lord and having confidence in
your faith will help you get along on the mish. And last, experience.
This is a once in a life time experience, and I am going to have fun.
I will put all my heart into the work and become immersed into the
culture and enjoy the crap out of it. And at the end of the
devotional, I give Donny a high five and talked to him for like 5
minutes 👌🏻 it was pretty cool haha..

So my companion hasn't been feeling very well this week and when we
were preparing to talk to a member for our member present lesson, he
passed out and hit his head on the table pretty hard. After about 5
second he woke up and started laughing. It scared me pretty bad haha..
the member came in and we warned him that he wasn't feeling very well
so we started walking to our lesson and he started passing out again
and so we decided to take him to the docs. He stayed at the doctors
for 6 hours on Thursday and I spent time with Elder Cox and Sevy. So
if y'all could keep him in your prayers that would be fantastic.

Probably my favorite thing about being in the MTC is the choir. It is
amazing. I was a little hesitant to going the first time but we
decided to all go as a zone and I did not regret that at all. We sang
Be Still My Soul, the sisters sang first and seriously sounded like
angels coming from heaven. Then the men came in and it was like
thunder. I sing In the bass section and I seriously just love it. I
love the songs and I love all the people. This week we are singing
Called to Serve and I am STOKED. We are destined to have an apostle
speak to us tomorrow because there is a huge conference for new
mission presidents and general authorities or apostles. So I am
getting really excited for that. Also that song is my favorite one
ever.
Well sorry if I left out any of yalls questions but keep asking them haha


Love you all so much.

Elder Sager ❤️


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Future Missionaries

The Great Outdoors

SHRIMP!!!